The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the successful delivery of the Economic project which is set to run over 3 years. The Project Coordinator will work with the Project Manager to operationalise and implement the project and will be responsible for effective financial, contractual and strategic management.
The project targets actors including trade authorities, chambers of commerce and government ministries in Pakistan and neigbouring countries. Effective coordination of the project will require an understanding of economic and trade cooperation issues prevailing in the region.
· Build and maintain relationships with project partners, beneficiaries and other stakeholders.
· Coordinate the implementation of the project with agreed timelines and quality assurance.
· Manage the project according to the theory of change model.
· Provide support on technical research during the inception phase of the project.
· Ensure the implementation of a detailed monitoring, evaluation and learning plan
· Assist in donor financial and narrative reporting systems.
· Contribute towards effective budget and project operational management including with partners.
· Explore and build opportunities for programme growth in the course of implementing the current project.
Staff/consultant development and coordination
· Coordinate with consultants and Saferworld’s Advisors contributing to the delivery of the project
· Ensure regular support and close interaction with all partners.
· Keep all members of staff up-to-date with current information
· Support partner capacity assessment and due diligence processes
· Assist in nurturing and maintaining a robust, honest and transparent relationship with Saferworld partners
· Proactively work with partners to mitigate risk factors that may affect the partnership or project delivery.
· Undertake training for all consortium members on the practical implementation of the context sensitive programming with special emphasis on learning and understanding.
Contribute to the further development of Saferworld’s Pakistan strategy and programme
· Assist in conducting regular analysis of context changes
· Participate in annual planning processes and follow the programme activity plan
· Contribute to lesson-learning processes.
· Coordinate collaborative and strategic relationships with civil society partners and other stakeholders.
Willing to travel in and out of Pakistan on short notices
Please complete an application form and send to Marie Aziz at firstname.lastname@example.org copies of which can be downloaded from www.saferworld.org.uk/about/jobs. (use subject heading: Ref: PKEC)
Deadline for applications: 21st January 2018.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please do not submit your CV as this will not be considered in place of or as well as a completed application form
Saferworld is an independent non-governmental organisation that works to prevent and reduce violent conflict and promote cooperative approaches to security. We work with civil society, governments and international organisations to encourage and support effective policies and practices through advocacy, research and policy development, and through supporting the actions of others, including at grassroots level. Established in 1989, we work with communities in Africa, the Middle East, Europe, and Asia. We have 150 staff across the globe, as well as in policy centres in London (UK) head office, Brussels and Washington.
Saferworld Pakistan programme is relatively new; it aims to work on improving community cohesion, inclusive justice and economic development. Working in consortium with Oxfam, over the next 5 years Saferworld will seek to promote a justice system in Pakistan that is accessible, inclusive, transparent and accountable.
Overall, our engagement in Pakistan combines project implementation at the community level, dialogue, capacity building, policy research, networking and advocacy, and working with institutions and civil society at sub-national/provincial, national, regional and international levels.