Minimum Education: Bachelors degree
Training in International Development, Cultural Studies, Human Rights, International Social Work, Social Science, Political Science, Anthropology, International Law or other clearly related disciplines.
Minimum Experience: 4 Years(- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another local language (Pashtu, Persian, Dari …etc.)
- Assist functional units, the Multi-Functional Team (MFT) and senior management to integrate participatory and community-based approaches in the overall protection delivery strategy.
- Through relationships with persons of concern and network of partners stay abreast of political, social, economic and cultural developments that have an impact on the protection environment and provide advice to the protection team. Understand the perspectives, capacities, needs and resources of the persons of concern and advise the protection team accordingly, highlighting the specific protection needs of women and men, children, youth and older persons, persons with disabilities, marginalized groups.
- Assist in initiatives with host communities to involve national civil society groups in the protection of persons of concern.
- Support implementing and operational partners as well as displaced and local communities to develop community-owned activities to address, where applicable, the social, educational, psycho-social, cultural, health, organisational and livelihood concerns as well as child protection and prevention and response to SGBV.
- Assist in the analysis that identifies the capacities of communities of concern and risks they face.
- Support participatory assessments by multifunctional teams and ongoing consultation with persons of concern.
- Support efforts to build the office capacity for community-based protection.
- Support communities in establishing representation and coordination structures
- Ensure community understanding of UNHCR's commitment to deliver on accountability and quality assurance in its response.
- Collect data for monitoring of programmes and budgets from an AGD perspective.
- Draft and type routine correspondence, documents and reports using word processing equipment and maintain up-to-date filing systems.
- Act as interpreter in exchange of routine information, contribute to related liaison activities and respond directly to routine queries.
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
- Computer skills required
Please copy the following URL into your browser, and click on the 'Apply Now' button.