ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Design engaging communication products for print and web. This will include logos, direct mail pieces, branded promotional items, web site and social media graphics, posters, flyers, and other marketing materials as needed.
2. Work closely with the project team to translate their messaging concepts into marketing materials.
3. Create visual concepts by combining art and technology to communicate ideas
4. Collaborate closely with key departments such as communications, to ensure that branding guidelines are met and that our strategy & messaging is consistent through our different media.
5. Transform facts and figures into visually attractive infographics and diagrams, which can make complex ideas more accessible
6. Day-to- day design of marketing assets. Utilize research, and current knowledge to build out our social media strategy.
7. Any other duties as assigned.
· Good communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
· Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite [Photoshop, Illustrator, & Indesign] and/or other common design and layout applications
Illustration and Layout
High degree of familiarity with social media
· Currently enrolled in an educational degree program (design or marketing) or a recent graduate.
· Passion for making a difference
· Ability to maintain a cooperative work environment and accept direction.
· Ability to organize priorities into effective and attainable goals, conduct work tasks with little supervision, under deadlines and work independently as required.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Show Adaptability: Be patient and able to concentrate for long periods
· Show Drive and Initiative: Sets challenging goals and puts a top priority on getting results; demonstrates initiative and sets high personal standards of performance;
· Creative problem solver and troubleshooter
· Gain entry, experience and exposure at an international NGO that has a global impact
· Increase your understanding of and alignment with global issues
· Collaborate within a positive team atmosphere
· Network with other for-profit and nonprofit professionals
Email your resume, cover letter, samples of your work (3-6 posters), along with two professional references with contact information (phone and email) to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Graphic Design Intern" in the subject line. Last day to apply 22nd May 2018
No phone calls please.
Oxfam’s vision is a just world without poverty: a world in which people can influence decisions that affect their lives, enjoy their rights, and assume their responsibilities as full citizens of a world in which all human beings are valued and treated equally. Oxfam in Pakistan has been working in the country since 1973. In the Pakistan, our goal is to contribute to the eradication of poverty by supporting women and other vulnerable groups in saving lives and building livelihoods, enhancing their resilience to crises, shocks and stresses, and making their voices heard to hold duty-bearers accountable.