Right To Play is a global organization committed to improving the lives of children and youth affected by conflict, disease and poverty. Established in 2000, Right To Play has pioneered a unique play-based approach to learning and development which focuses on quality education, life skills, health, gender equality, child protection and building peaceful communities. With programming in over 20 countries, Right To Play transforms the lives of more than one million children each week using play and sports, both inside and outside of the classroom. In addition to our work with children, Right To Play advocates with parents, local communities, and governments to advance the fundamental rights of all children.
Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has operations in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. In Pakistan, Right To Play has been working since 2008 with teachers, children and youth in schools and communities in various districts of Pakistan.
Visit us at www.righttoplay.com.
I. JOB SUMMARY
The Program Manager reports directly to Country Director (CD).The incumbent is head of program and responsible for the program development and implementation in the country of operation.
In accordance with Right To Play (RTP) approved policies and procedures, the incumbent shall be responsible for the following tasks:
1. Program strategic planning 35%
· Leads the programmatic management of all in country projects.
· Leads the design and development of program strategies and plans with the program team and ensures their alignment with RTP strategies.
· Ensures the program team stays abreast of the current program goals and objectives and participates in the program expansion plans.
· Ensures the program teams are implementing program activities in line with donor requirements to achieve project outcomes.
· Coordinates the preparation of timely and cost effective operational plans, budgets and strategic plans with the program team.
· Acts as advocacy manager ensuring that the program addresses the needs of the people and is appropriate for the respective country.
· Supports the CD in developing project proposals for new projects.
2. Program quality, accountability and reporting 35%
· Maintains the existing process of monitoring and evaluation (ME) and reporting system of RTP.
· Oversees submission of proper accountabilities of program funds and quality narrative reports in line with donor requirements.
· Provides quarterly updates of lessons learned and best practices to CD’s and stakeholders ensuring that program lessons are being used to promote improved program delivery.
· Conducts regular monitoring visits to project locations.
3. Program financial management 10%
· Coordinates with finance team to provide financial training for non-financial staff in effective country program financial management, including procurement, project implementation, compliances and project financial reporting.
· Supports the budget planning processes to ensure that program funds are expended according to procedures and plans.
· Collaborates with the program team and develops new initiatives to be integrated into the budget.
4.Team management, compliances and capacity building 10%
· Communicates the program vision to the program team, leads and directs them toward achieving the program goals and objectives.
· Ensures that the program team have a clear understanding of their roles, responsibilities and accountabilities; supported by clear job descriptions to ensure quality performance.
· Conducts program staffing needs assessment, presents recommendations to the CD and participates in the recruitment of the program team.
· Facilitates the capacity building of program team to ensure they have the appropriate skill levels for their positions and are developing to their full capacity; provides the necessary feedback to the program team and completes their performance appraisals.
· Provides direct support to the program team in the form of systems and tools.
· Implements policies and procedures that guide and support RTP activities, ensures compliance with RTP code of conduct, gender and child protection policies.
· Develops and strengthens the program team’s understanding of project cycle management.
5. Representation and collaboration 5%
· Facilitates linkages, collaboration and networking with other civil society organizations and government and other relevant institutions to enhance RTP visibility and program activities.
· Represents RTP in various platforms and maintains positive relationships with governments and other relevant stakeholders regarding RTP activities.
· Identifies and develops new partnerships with local NGOs, Community Based Organizations (CBOs) and the communities.
· Oversees the management of existing partnerships.
· Ensures ownership of the program by local partners and stakeholders.
· Meets with partners’ staff and community leaders to discuss program improvement as needed.
· Joins the CD in meetings and represents him/her when required.
5. Performs other duties as assigned. 5%
(C) OMPETENCIES / PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
Superior organizational skills and ability to multi-task on a constant basis
Excellent interpersonal communication skills to build rapport with staff, partners, government officials, donors and community leaders
Ability to work under pressure meeting deadlines in a fast paced fluid environment
Creative and flexible with problem solving skills
Demonstrated professionalism and diplomacy
Ability to confidently represent oneself and RTP to high level officials
Strategy planning skills
People management particularly coaching and influence management
(D) TECHNICAL SKILLS
Strong MS Office and program management tools and procedures
Budgetary control and financial management, including ability to read and understand financial data
Project management skills
Understanding of the concept of sport for development
Understanding of community development processes
Fluency in spoken and written English, Urdu and local language(s)
IV. DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (An Asset)
Experience in quality improvement
Experience working in child protection, education sector
Sport and play experience
Experience in strengthening civil societies
Gender mainstreaming and governance background
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com and kindly include job title with work location in the subject line. Please indicate your salary expectations in the cover letter.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Right To Play is an equal opportunity employer and encourage those from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Right To Play is a child-centered organization. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs. In order to uphold RTP commitment to keeping children safe, selected candidate must ensure the welfare and protection of all children during Right To Play assigned activities and events. To learn more about who we are and what we do, please visit our website at www.righttoplay.com.
We believe that the power of play can transform a child’s life. That’s why we provide over one million children with the tools they need to protect themselves from disease, to encourage them to attend and stay in school and to resolve conflict and create peaceful communities.
The UN recognizes play as the right of every child. It is NOT a luxury; it is a tool for learning. Girls, persons with disabilities, children affected by HIV & AIDS, street children, former child combatants and refugees all deserve the chance to grow through play. A game of football can teach children about tolerance and peace; a game of tag can teach about malaria. Play develops skills like cooperation, leadership and teamwork. It can bring entire communities together and inspire every individual.