The Acumen Academy is currently seeking applications for the Acumen Pakistan Fellowship to develop a community of leaders who challenge the status quo, work across lines of difference and inspire their communities to believe in a brighter future.
Deadline for Applications: 11 January 2022
Practical skills meet moral imagination in this intensive year-long leadership development program designed to equip extraordinary individuals with the tools, mindset, and community to tackle poverty and injustice in their communities.
Pakistan Fellows Program brings together diverse individuals to drive systemic change and form a community bound by the ethos of a just and poverty-free society. Fellows understand what it takes to create change in our complex, interconnected world. Pakistan now has a community of over a hundred Fellows pushing to create sustainable impact across the country.
What makes a fellow?
Our fellows are extraordinary leaders who dare to embrace the difficult journey of social change. Here’s what we want from you—and what you can expect from your cohort.
- Entrepreneurs: Leaders of both for-profit and nonprofit organizations providing critical goods or services to the underserved.
- Intrapreneurs: Leaders who are bringing to life new initiatives or approaches within the organization. The focus is on designing, testing, incubating and implementing ideas that enable the organization to pursue its purpose.
- Organizational Builders: Leaders who play an integral role in building the organization. The focus is on building the internal blocks, systems & processes that enable the organization to pursue its purpose.
In the Fellowship Program You Will:
- Learn to catalyse and embrace the gradual and meaningful process of creating change at the personal, organisational, and societal levels
- Cultivate the ability to lead effectively when opposing but interdependent values are in tension
- Understand how to lead diverse stakeholders through recurring and complex challenges
- Develop the capacity to tell meaningful stories that speak across lines of difference and move others to action
- Examine your identities, values, and choices that have shaped your journey till now and cultivate a deeper understanding of yourself and your work in a broader context
- Explore the meaning of a just society and the moral and historical foundation of social change through text-based dialogue
- Navigate systemic problems and design more effective interventions using moral imagination
- Question your assumptions and beliefs about leading effective change
- Be supported and accompanied by a cohort of like-minded peers persevering in the process of driving social change
Our curriculum draws on powerful leadership frameworks, tools, and approaches, including Adaptive Leadership, Authentic Voice, Good Society Readings, Immunity to Change, and Polarities Management.
How to Apply
Our application process consists of these steps.
- Step 1: Apply online — what are you telling us? Open 14th December 2021 and close 11th January 2022
- Step 2: Complete your online assignments — what are you showing us? February
- Step 3: Attend the Selection Conference — why is this the right time for you to be a Fellow? March
- Step 4: Start the Acumen Fellowship in May