With the financial support from the World Bank Group, ADPC will be implementing a five years’ project, titled “Climate Adaptation and Resilience Project for South Asia” (CARE). The project aims to create an enabling environment for climate resilience policies and investments across South Asia. This objective will be achieved through enhanced regional cooperation and knowledge exchange for climate resilience and adaptation and mainstreaming of resilience and adaptation in national policies, plans, and investments.
Adopting an integrated water resource management strategy in selected provinces is vital to satisfactorily implement all the required components of the project. It would involve coordination with provincial stakeholders to support in the development of a compilation of good practices on water resource management in Sindh.
Accordingly, a highly qualified and experienced Provincial Coordinator will be hired to support in directing, organizing, and overseeing provincial level activities. S/he will be selected on a competitive basis following World Bank Procurement Regulations.
The objectives of this consultancy service are to:
- Support in collecting and reviewing relevant strategies, policies, and projects on integrated water resources management at the provincial and regional level
- Support in conducting consultations and validation workshops on integrated water resources management, with relevant stakeholders
- Reviewing existing data and strategies to highlight gaps in the water resource management approach at the provincial level.
C. Statement of Intent
The Provincial Coordinator will support in reviewing various water resource data, strategies and policies. The consultant will further conduct consultation and validation workshops to further compile good practices of water resource management.
The coordinator will be based in Sindh, Pakistan.
It is not the intent of this Terms of Reference to cover every aspect of the position requirements, rather to highlight the most important areas of personal and joint responsibilities.
D. Duties and Responsibilities
The Provincial Coordinator shall be responsible for:
Technical Review and Support
- Assist national level specialist in collecting and reviewing integrated water resource management strategies, policies, and projects being carried out at the regional and provincial level with a focus on Sindh province
- Support in reviewing water resources in the province and water demand and supply based on analysis of secondary data
- Conducting consultation and validation workshops of findings from IWRM and water resource review with relevant stakeholder
- Assist other specialists in a compilation of good practices of water resource management through the development of questionnaires on good practices.
Performing other relevant tasks as assigned by the Country Project Lead and the PIU.