• Providing assistance in organizing and planning livestock vaccination and deworming campaigns in NWTD/Khyber
• Providing assistance in implementation of activities like vaccination, de-worming, and livestock quarantine
• De-worming, vaccination and necessary treatment of animals during quarantine period
• Follow up of animals/livestock kept in quarantine area and timely reporting of any outbreaks to line supervisor
• Providing assistance in coordination with line department for hiring services and technical support
• Assessment, Identification and selection of target beneficiaries for livestock relevant interventions
• Keeping record of beneficiaries information, campaigns data, medicines supplied for deworming and vaccination campaigns
• Will be working as focal person for coordination with Islamic Relief Field Office and Area Office
• Support in designing and conducting KAP, Assessments and Baseline Surveys.
• Support in collation & consolidation of KAP, Assessments and Baseline reports.
• Collecting and document case studies and success stories
• Facilitating internal and external action research activities such as impact studies, evaluations etc.
• Record maintenance according to IR and donor requirements.
• Coordinate with internal (livestock officer, Assistant Livelihood Officer, Social Mobilization Team and Senior Project Officer) & external (Livestock and Dairy Development Department) stakeholders related to livestock project activities
• In place contingency plan / succession plan to deal with human factors affecting or may affect the organizational activities in your absence.
• Preparation of daily, weekly, monthly and other progress reports for management’s info.
• Ensure proper filling of forms & formats as per desired standard
• Close coordination with line manager for effective implementation of policies / guidelines.
• Ensure compliance with IR’s policies & procedures in true spirit for effective delivery of services.
• Understanding of IR values and their demonstration in real time.
• Abide by the IR zero tolerance policy towards bribery & corruption as well as sensitize others on coping mechanism so that they can raise voice as & when feel inappropriate.
• Thorough knowledge of IR strategic priorities & the way you can contribute in its achievement.
• Assist in identification & documentation of organizational successes for show casing IR work
• Facilitate the organizational stance on clime change through adaptation of environment friendly & cost effective approaches in your domain.
• Respect & promote the organizational stance on work force diversity & support the efforts being made for mainstreaming of marginalized groups i.e. Persons with disability and old age, minorities, Women & children etc. in carrying out organization activities.
• Ensure periodic field visits to witness the challenges and implementation of activities at ground level.
• Participation and facilitation in implementation of IR seasonal programmes.
Fresh or 1 year of experience
Minimum Education & Experience: Diploma in Veterinary Sciences.
Detailed Job descriptions are avaliable at www.islamic-relief.org.pk. Interested candidates may submit the online job application latest by November 29, 2018. Final salary offer will be determined on applicant's profile and experience. Locals from program area will be preferred for field based positions. Only short listed candidates will be called for test/interview. Women & person with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
Islamic Relief Pakistan (IRP) is the chapter of Islamic relief Worldwide. IRP is in-line with the mission, vision and values of Islamic relief worldwide. IRP commenced its operations in the year 1992 with the signed MOU with Economic Affairs Division and also registered under Section 42 of the Companies Ordinance 1984, Government of Pakistan in the year 1994.
Islamic relief across the world is well recognized for its emergency response and is one of those organizations who initially entered to any area to respond to the emergency and then complete the cycle through development programming which leads to sustainability.
Following Prophetic Guidance: We remain guided by the timeless values and teachings provided by the revelations contained within the Qur’an and prophetic example, most specifically: