Logistics & Supply Chain Assistant
: 08/Aug/2020, 2:59:00 AM
Organizational Unit: FAPAK
: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
Duration: Dec 2020 with possibility of extension
Post Number: N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
This position is based in Peshawar, Pakistan. The main aim of FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural , fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative in Pakistan, close collaboration with Assistant FAO Representative (Administration) as well as Provincial International Project Coordinators and Direct Supervision of International logistics expert, the Logistics & Supply Chain Assistant will carry out the following tasks.
Logistics & Supply Assistant in the field is the focal point of all incoming procured FAO related supplies and making sure that all shipment directed to the correct destinations (transportation, reception warehousing and or direct distribution).
Tasks and responsibilities
- Design field logistics system, including warehousing, transportation, distribution, security / safety contingencies arrangements to ensure safe and timely delivery of goods.
- Facilitate and coordinate with the warehouse staff in the field on continuously updates of supply status in each location, stock on hand, distribution, and physical Inventory reports on weekly and or monthly basis, goods receipt note produced per consignment at all times and shared.
- Make sure that the use of the stock management tools in place and in use in all the warehouses.
- Ensure comprehensive logistics & administrative records filing systems maintained at the office.
- Assist in obtaining No Objection Certificate or documents required for movement of staff / transportation of FAO procured goods within the province and or districts.
- Coordinate route selection and navigation for transport, road conditions, appropriate vehicle choice and number for terrain and weather.
- Undertake supervision visits to warehouse facilities and project sites to ensure quality control.
- Manage good and clear communications with clearing agent for Internationals shipment arriving through Karachi port/airport through coordination with Logistics unit in Islamabad.
- Take on other ad hoc logistic and administrative tasks as assigned by the supervisor and perform any other duty as and when required.
Support to FAO Field Operations
- Work collectively with field team and other relevant staff for better coordination and visibility.
- Assist with any other logistical support to the field teams and the Head office teams in the management of the office consumables.
- Provide timely and accurate information to relevant stakeholders and partners in the field.
- Work collective and effectively with stakeholders/ suppliers to achieve common goals.
- Proactive communication and use of proper communication channels is encouraged.
- Maintain contacts details of focal points, persons and highlight focal factors that may affect delivery;
- Provide accurate bi weekly stock reports, completed distribution reports progressive monthly logistics and supply chain activity reports.
- Report proactively to the supervisor on planned activity progress, setbacks and challenges.
- Provide timely feedback on all requests from FAO Teams, program officers and field teams.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Bachelor’s from a recognized academic institution in one or more of the following areas is preferred: Logistics & Supply Chain, Business Administration, or areas directly related to logistics operations or FAO programme areas;
- Three years field experience of working in Logistics and supply Chain Management settings
- Working knowledge of English and desired local language is essential
- National of Pakistan
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Knowledge of United Nations and International Organizations’ administrative policies and procedures.
- Good knowledge of Logistics and Supply Chain Management (Procurement, Stock Management, Transport and Distribution).
- Good knowledge of communication and documentation standards (reporting)
- Knowledge and understanding of sourcing within the procurement function.
- Strong research skills, ability to conduct benchmarking analysis in support of vendor identification, selection and performance management.
- Display initiative and take responsibility for achieving agreed outputs within set deadlines and closely follow-up until successful outputs are achieved.
- Continue to seek new, innovative and improved methods and systems for accomplishing the work assigned.
- Identify and recommend remedial measures to address problems in systems design or implementation