About the GRASP Project:
The Growth for Rural Advancement and Sustainable Progress (GRASP) is a 66-month project that will contribute to the reduction of poverty through development of rural SMEs in selected districts within two provinces of Pakistan: Balochistan and Sindh. GRASP will focus on selected product lines within livestock and horticulture.
GRASP will take a holistic approach to building SME competitiveness in agribusiness value chains starting from a deep understanding of markets and working back through the value chain to enable SMEs and ultimately producers to create and capture additional value. To do this, GRASP will intervene in three main ways:
• Improving the eco-system for rural SME development through building institutional capacity and improving the business environment
• Building production and quality of primary products through support to SME agribusiness service providers and business intermediary organizations in rural areas
• Increasing added-value and marketed volumes through developing value chains and supporting SMEs to improve management, increase access to finance, apply sustainable technology to add value and improve quality and reduce waste throughout the system
At the impact level, GRASP will create employment and income opportunities in rural areas of Sindh and Balochistan. Outcome and outputs of GRASP include measurable improvement in the business environment for SMEs, improved agricultural productivity in selected areas, better access for farmers to market information and agricultural services, increase in revenue and financing for selected SMEs and increased value added and adoption of environmental sustainable technology. GRASP has a very strong focus on women's economic empowerment.
GRASP has a budget of €48.5m funded by the European Union and ITC. ITC will implement GRASP through three Pakistan based teams and a wide network of Pakistani and international partner organizations. This challenging project will involve managing many concurrent inter-linked activities from the market to the production level and innovative tools such as matching grants.
Under the overall guidance of the GRASP Project Coordinator, the M&E Lead will be responsible for overseeing the M&E activities of the GRASP Project and ensuring high quality and timely inputs, including assisting the Project Coordinator in results reporting and regular monitoring of project activities and will be responsible for overseeing the collection & analysis of different data related to project activities.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Lead will also work in close collaboration with GRASP partner organizations engaged in M&E activities at the provincial level as well as with Geneva and Islamabad-based teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Function / Expected Results: Coordination of M & E activities
• Coordinate monitoring, evaluation and data collection at provincial level with M&E officers, project staff and project partners;
• Monitor and evaluate all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project results;
• Oversee the GRASP risk identification and mitigation process at the National and Provincial levels;
• Report monthly, quarterly and annual progress on all project activities to the National Project Coordinator;
• Provide feedback to the Project Coordinator on M&E activities and suggest strategies for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of data collection;
• Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports to Project Management Team and ITC;
• Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Project Coordinator in preparing relevant reports;
• Support monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the project;
• Assist in coordinating across the available components of the Project to ensure effective implementation of M&E/MIS;
2. Function/Expected Results: Technical guidance
• Conduct capacity assessments on existing monitoring and evaluation system as required;
• Guide other M&E project staff in performing relevant duties.
• Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation processes;
• Undertake any other tasks agreed with the Project Coordinator in support of efficient Monitoring & Evaluation of the project.
• Assist project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use.
Functions / Key Results Expected
• Overall coordination of the GRASP M&E system;
• Overseeing preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports on project progress based on GRASP partner inputs, MIS reports as well other relevant reports as needed;
• Provision of inputs and updated information related to project results;
• Maintenance of Risk Matrix and Registry for the project;
• Organize and conduct training on M&E / MIS for project staff;
Impact of Results
- Achievement of GRASP reporting requirements as outlined in the project work plans;
- Strong synergies with GRASP partners undertaking monitoring and evaluation work under the project;
- Good communication and positive image of the project in Pakistan
Education and Work experience:
• Master Degree or equivalent in international trade, Business Administration, Economics, Development Studies or related field.
With a minimum of 7 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs/UN bodies/ Governments; Including some experience in project management / coordination in senior position.
• A Bachelor’s degree in international trade, Business Administration, Economics, Development Studies or related field
With 9 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs/UN bodies/ Governments; Including some experience in project formulation, management , administration or related field
• Advanced English with strong written and oral communication skills is essential
• Knowledge of local languages
Required knowledge and skills:
• Demonstrated knowledge of result-based management aspects
• Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
• Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software;
• Demonstrated capacity to evolve in large, complex and multi-dimensional projects
Use this link: