The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
· Provide thought leadership on programme development and influencing agendas across country programme – leading on policy/Analysis, campaigning, media and communication initiatives;
· Provide specific technical expertise on areas of gender justice, governance and economic justice, and humanitarian advocacy and campaigning;
· Lead capacity development initiatives to deepen the influencing approaches across the country programme and partners;
· Identifies, commissions and manages high quality evidence-based Analysis;
· Carries out regular social, economic and political analysis to support new policy and advocacy and campaigning plus programme direction as well;
· Makes strategic links between key national issues and relevant regional and global trends and its relevance to country programme;
· Responsible for shaping and delivering work, which has a significant impact on Oxfam’s public image - at national and international level - and requires sensible judgments and compliance with Oxfam’s policy and procedures;
· Provide technical support and advice on policy analysis, advocacy, media engagement to Programme Managers in responsibility areas;
· Design and implement a national media strategy that secures high-impact media to help raise Oxfam’s profile, and in delivery of national campaigns, and bring attention to core Oxfam issues and raise funds.
· Lead independent national advocacy and campaigns work on priority issues where opportunities exist
· Ensure that all policy analysis, advocacy, campaigning and media work strongly includes women rights and gender analysis
· Provide leadership to ensure alignment of country programmes with Oxfam corporate priority campaigns and WIN (Worldwide Influencing Network) and ensure effective harmonisation of planning and management with Oxfam International;
· Ensure quality of programmes on influencing agenda across country strategy and throughout programme portfolio;
· Lead development and delivery of priority campaigns ensuring harmonisation with global priority campaigns in collaboration with programme teams;
· Provide strategic advice to national and global campaign and fundraising teams to ensure projects are media-friendly and have the communications products needed to amplify messages
· Takes initiatives and makes independent decisions and solves problems on new and complex issues, requiring high levels of creative thinking to find best solutions;
· Provide guidance to Oxfam’s partners on the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of their media and communication relevant policies, documentation
· Develop and drive Oxfam’s digital communications strategy in the country, supporting country teams and partners to develop and maximise their use of digital and multimedia technology and sharing with global platforms
· Builds relations within civil society and with high level decision-makers to influence for positive change on development in Pakistan;
· Draw in Oxfam International and affiliate expertise to support the delivery of Oxfam Pakistan advocacy, campaigning and communications strategy, where appropriate.
· Develop and implement approaches to monitoring and evaluation/impact assessment of advocacy and campaigning work and ensure effective roll-out.
· Advice on embedding media tools in new business development work
· Provide strategic leadership and management of the Oxfam programme, across all goals, as a member of the Pakistan Country Leadership Team;
· Performance management of Advocacy, Policy, Media and Communications team and matrix management of decentralised policy roles and programme roles with significant policy component;
· Manage strategic pieces of work in partnership with global/regional leads which will help leverage Oxfam's value added as a global organisation in country, including contributing to regional and global campaigns;
· Management of all policy advocacy and campaigns in an emergency response, strategic contribution to management of response including membership of emergency management leadership team;
· Lead media response on humanitarian emergencies (category 2) and be the first media responder to a quick onset of category 1 emergency in the region
· Actively implement Oxfam GB’s policies in the recruitment and employment of staff, volunteers, or consultants/service providers;
Your commitment to Oxfam
· Required to adhere to Oxfam’s principles and values as well as the promotion of gender justice and women's rights
· Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles