The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is searching for an experienced project manager to oversee and implement the GAIN and HarvestPlus Commercialization of Biofortified Crops initiative in Pakistan.
GAIN is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially those most vulnerable to malnutrition.
The project manager will coordinate the design and implementation of activities and partnerships at country level, to fulfill the vision of bringing biofortified products to scale under the partnership of GAIN and HarvestPlus. Specific responsibilities will include;
Candidates for this position must have demonstrable professional experience directly, or indirectly, related to marketing foods and supply chains and international development, including implementation of market-based agricultural or nutrition programs and projects. Additionally they will be able to evidence project management ability along with excellent written and verbal communication skills to influence stakeholders across both the public and private sectors (food enterprises, development agencies, governments).
Competences (Skills and Attributes)
• Proven project management capabilities
• Proven ability to use initiative, prioritize, multi-task, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Clear and systematic thinking that demonstrates good judgment, problem solving, and creativity.
• Excellent project coordination, management, negotiation, and advocacy skills.
• Strong communication skills in multi-cultural, multi-lingual environments (written and verbal).
• Flexible, with a willingness and ability to travel in challenging environments.
• Excellent report-writing skills
• High level of professionalism and integrity
• IT literate with excellent MS Office skills.
• Ability to operate within the private and public sectors to effectively liaise with food enterprises,
development agencies, and governments at senior level.