Purpose of the position is to provide support and technical assistance to the line manager in smooth implementation of the WASH project as per approved design and standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Objective 1: Support Services
· Assist Senior Engineer in conducting market survey for proposed material availability and unit rates of material/labours and provide realistic estimates of the proposed hard activities of WASH project
· Assist Senior Engineer in conducting technical survey of identified households and feasible sites for infrastructure rehab/reconstruction and installation for the project deliverables. Support the line manager in preparation of technical documents like technical feasibility reports, completion certificates etc. as & when required.
Objective 2: Material Verification and Delivery
· Check the quality of supplies against approved samples at the field level and provide GRN against the received goods
· Reject any sub graded materials with proper record keeping and timely report such issues to the line manager
· Check quality of stocks (that is already received) in ware house/hub
· Maintain or Support warehouse/logistic assistant in maintaining GDN against the materials issuance to beneficiaries
· Timely report regarding material requirement and shortage to the line manager to avoid delays in construction and installation
· Timely select suitable location for goods distribution among beneficiaries in consultation with the line manager and respective WASH committees
Objective 3: Infrastructure Rehabilitation or Installation
· Conduct daily/regular field visits of the project area during the course of the project
· Carry out technical feasibility assessment of the proposed sites before rehab or installation
· Provide layouts for construction activities like as per approved design/drawings of the project
· Remain in the field at construction and installation sites and supervise each and every step of the construction and ensure adherence with approved design and relevant standards
· Maintain quality of construction works and different ratios as per approved design like Cement Sand Mortar (CSM), PCC and RCC etc. as per BOQs of the specific activity of the project
· Ensure timely completion of the pressure pumps, drinking water supply infrastructure and latrines in an efficient way as per approved specifications
· Monitor the skilled labors and orient the labors, WASH committee members and beneficiary households regarding the design, DRR, environment and protection measures of the project infrastructure
· Timely report to the line manager regarding challenges in implementation of activities and also provide technical recommendations
· Closely coordinate with beneficiaries, community activists and WASH committee for smooth implementation of the project activities
Objective 4: Timely Work Completion
· Assist the line manager in drafting weekly work plans for the assigned targets
· Submit progress reports to line manager on daily/weekly/monthly basis as per requirement
· Report variances along with recommendations/actions taken on timely basis
· Identify challenges in the field and take remedial actions for coping with the challenges in consultation with the line manager
· Strongly coordinate with all stakeholders including community activists, WASH Committees and beneficiary households for smooth implementation of the project
Objective 5: Project Documentation
· Maintain the completion certificate for each communal or household activity as per the approved format and take accountability for any mistakes/corrections
· Support in timely fixing and display of visibility sign plates on infrastructure for information and transparency purposes
· Maintain Community Goods Receiving Notes (CGRN) against material provided to the community for WASH infrastructure
· Maintain labor attendance & labor payment sheets on approved formats where applicable
· Support the social mobilization team in maintaining documentation for beneficiary identification, verification and finalization for infrastructure related interventions
· Support the M&E and program team in maintaining the complaint boxes in suitable locations in the field with correct project information for beneficiary feedback and suggestions
· Must have enough/reasonable knowledge of designing and implementation of emergency and early recovery community based and rural WASH projects
· Ability to motivate community regarding active participation in project activities
· Possess problem solving skills and adaptability
· Ability to work under pressure often to strict deadlines
· Fluent in Urdu and Pashto
· Must have computer literacy specially MS offices and Auto Cad or relevant engineering soft ware
· Poses good communication and interpersonal skills
· Good report writing skills
· Must be gender sensitized and respectful for local norms
3 Years Diploma in Associate Engineer (DAE) in Civil Engineering from a recognized institute
At least 2 years WASH related experience preferably in North Waziristan context
Note: Qualified and experienced candidates from NWTD are strongly encouraged to apply. Candidates should send their CVs clearly mentioning the position applied for to email@example.com on or before November 25, 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for test/interviews. No TA/DA will be admissible. Due to the urgency of hiring, selection will be made on rolling basis and the position(s) can filled before the mentioned deadline.
Alfalah Development Foundation (ADF) is a non-profit non-governmental organization (NGO) registered with Social Welfare Department Peshawar, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in July 2008.
The name “Alfalah” is an Arabic word meaning ‘’welfare’’ and is the prime objective for the establishment of ADF. After getting a warm response for our services in local communities, we extended our canvas to different sectors and geographical areas. Today we are serving poor communities in the sector of Education, Livelihood, Small Infrastructure, Water Supply, Health and Protection and evidence based advocacy. ADF, respecting the local values, forms an organization sensitive to the local welfare needs, aspirations, capabilities and potentials of the poor of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and other areas of the country. ADF played and is playing a distinct role in supporting developmental interventions that stimulates the socio-economic indicators of dwellers across Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in specific and Pakistan in general. This belief is harmonized by its local community acceptance and spread penetration.
Due to the trust of our funding partners, beneficiaries, members and our projects being augmenting the government efforts, we are have so far completed more than a dozen projects worth PKR100millions with organizations and donors including UNHCR/RAHA, CERD, UNDP, USAID/IRD, TVO, Talat Hussain & Kashif Abbasi Flood Relief Fund, British Council Pakistan, HOPE’87, SPO, CRS Pakistan, Rapid Fund/Concern Worldwide and ACTED.
Aligned with our strategic priorities 2013-18, ADF aims to expand its network in different parts of the province for local solutions towards common issues and challenges.