The Technical Advisor Capacity Development is responsible for supporting the implementation of programme activities in the context of the Environmental Standards Component:
▪ Supporting the Component Leader in the daily management of the project and facilitating the implementation of dialogue and cooperation activities of the various stakeholders;
▪ Providing support to the project partners for planning and implementation of capacity development measures including tools, systems, assessment methodologi es and administrative structures;
▪ Developing and implementing Change Management Strategies (Dialogue for Compliance, Community of Practitioners, etc.) with the project partners and stakeholders;
▪ Planning and conducting organizational development assessments and guide partners in the development of prioritized institutional strengthening plans;
▪ Managing capacity development and training measures linked to the environmental standards management;
▪ Supporting the networking and knowledge management of component.
▪ At least 5 years of working experience; of which 3 years on capacity development/training & development, preferably in the textile and garment industry;
▪ Proven experiences in working with different stakeholder groups like private sector (unskilled worker to top-management level of organizations), and decision makers;
▪ Familiar with training & development, organizational development and monitoring & evaluation systems and performance measurement approaches.
Send your application clearly mentioning the job title and reference number on the envelop with a covering letter and CV to PO Box 2993, Islamabad. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Electronic submissions are not accepted.
Germany and Pakistan have been partners in sustainable development since 1957. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has been working in Pakistan since 1963 and has maintained a country office in the capital, Islamabad, since 1990. Currently 330 national and 35 international employees and 1 integrated specialist are working in the country (as of 31.12.2018).
Working on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), GIZ’s activities focus on the following priority areas:
GIZ provides support for thousands of apprentices and vocational education institutions to enable them to meet the demands of the labour market. It assists the agencies operating the social security and health insurance system in providing social protection for large numbers of people. In the textile sector, GIZ is supporting the Pakistani Government in ensuring labour and environmental standards are upheld.
GIZ is advising Pakistan on a more efficient, transparent and citizen-friendly approach to governance. For example, its work promotes decentralisation and local governance. This includes assistance for state and civil society efforts to boost development on the border with Afghanistan.
GIZ is also supporting the use of renewable energies and energy efficiency by promoting financing options and advising on technical implementation.
On behalf of the German Federal Foreign Office (AA), GIZ is helping Pakistan to improve its management of refugees.
In addition to its two main commissioning parties, BMZ and AA, GIZ is also carrying out projects based on cofinancing arrangements with other donors such as the European Union, Great Britain and Norway.