The Technical Advisor Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is responsible for supporting the implementation of programme activities in the context of the Environmental Standards Component:
▪ Supporting the Component Leader in the daily management of the project and facilitating the implementation of dialogue and cooperation activities of the various stakeholders;
▪ Providing efficient support to the project partners for the achievement of the programme objectives with regards to the improvement of CSR activities in the context of environmental standards;
▪ Developing and implementing Change Management Strategies (Dialogue for Compliance, Community of Practitioners, etc.) with the stakeholders, mainly within the textile/ garment or neighbouring industries (shoes, leather, sport goods) value chain;
▪ Facilitating partner factories/ private sector to develop an effective CSR programme encompassing environment, workplace, community and marketplace issues to deliver agreed CSR targets
▪ Supporting the knowledge management of component.
▪ Sixteen years (16) qualification in Environmental or Textile or Garment Engineering, Economics or Business Administration from a reputed university or similar qualification of a relevant field. Professional experience
▪ At least 5 years of working experience; of which 3 years on Corporate Social Responsibility in the industry, preferably in the textile and garment industry;
▪ Proven experience in establishing an interactive change process through dialogue between management and workforce;
▪ Proven experiences in working with different stakeholder groups like private sector (unskilled worker to top-management level of organizations), and decision makers;
▪ Familiar with monitoring and evaluation systems and performance measurement approaches.
Send your application clearly mentioning the job title and reference number on the envelop with a covering letter and CV to PO Box 2993, Islamabad. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Electronic submissions are not accepted.
Germany and Pakistan have been partners in sustainable development since 1957. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has been working in Pakistan since 1963 and has maintained a country office in the capital, Islamabad, since 1990. Currently 330 national and 35 international employees and 1 integrated specialist are working in the country (as of 31.12.2018).
Working on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), GIZ’s activities focus on the following priority areas:
GIZ provides support for thousands of apprentices and vocational education institutions to enable them to meet the demands of the labour market. It assists the agencies operating the social security and health insurance system in providing social protection for large numbers of people. In the textile sector, GIZ is supporting the Pakistani Government in ensuring labour and environmental standards are upheld.
GIZ is advising Pakistan on a more efficient, transparent and citizen-friendly approach to governance. For example, its work promotes decentralisation and local governance. This includes assistance for state and civil society efforts to boost development on the border with Afghanistan.
GIZ is also supporting the use of renewable energies and energy efficiency by promoting financing options and advising on technical implementation.
On behalf of the German Federal Foreign Office (AA), GIZ is helping Pakistan to improve its management of refugees.
In addition to its two main commissioning parties, BMZ and AA, GIZ is also carrying out projects based on cofinancing arrangements with other donors such as the European Union, Great Britain and Norway.