Established in: 1998
Registration Law: Voluntary Social Welfare Organizations (Registration & Control) Ordinance 1961
Themes & Interventions: Education, Environment, Women, Economic Empowerment
What We Do: Awareness Rising, Service Delivery
Head Office at Quetta
AID Balochistan Plot 6 Flat No F1 Commercial Area Farooq Plaza Jinnah Town Quetta
The Association for integrated development Balochistan (AID) is an independent, non-sectarian, non-political, non-profit development, non-Government organization that was founded by a group of leading Pakistani development and social activists.
AID Balochistan was established in 1998. It is registered under the Voluntary Social Welfare Agencies Registration and Control Ordinance 1961. AID is an independent development and relief or humanitarian organization working with poor rural and urban community of Balochistan, regardless of race, sex, religion or politics in their struggle against poverty, distress and suffering. AID is engaged in participatory research, advocacy campaigning, community awareness mass mobilization, participatory community development and networking for the sustainable livelihood of the poor rural and urban communities by challenging the unsustainable, anti-masses and anti-poor plans, policies and actions.
AID Balochistan envisions healthy, just, educated, socio economically empowered and prosperous communities in Balochistan.
AID Balochistan works for sustainable livelihood of rural and urban poor communities through service delivery, participatory research, mass social mobilization, advocacy campaigns and networking. We facilitate lasting change by:
? Strengthening capacity for self-help
? Providing economic opportunity
? Delivering relief in emergencies
? Influencing policy decisions at all levels
? Addressing discrimination in all its forms
• Resource mobilization for provision of social services in the field of health, education and natural resource management to the deprived communities;
• Promotion of human rights especially( Minorities, women and children rights) through pro-active participation in human rights activities/programs;
• Facilitate and encourage target communities to initiate the process of local resource mobilization for income generating activities for self-sufficiency.
• Foster and support activities for integrated; self-reliant and long term development to benefit the disadvantaged (women, children, minorities, laborers etc.) in particular and the whole society in general.
• Mobilize and organize the local communities to empower them take initiatives for their equal and active participation in the development process.
• Promote sustainable livelihood; community based natural resource management and disaster management.
• Promote mutual understanding and integrated efforts through workshops, seminars, dialogues and cornered meetings at gross root level for the promotion of human rights and values.
• Socio- economic uplift of the population through resource management, peoples’ participation and effective partnership with Governmental and Non- Governmental Organizations working in the area.
• Promote and access to quality formal and non-formal education with special focus on women –folk.
• Improve health and hygiene situation.
• Contribution to Institutional Reforms & Good Governance initiatives at grassroots level.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter below and never miss the latest Updates.