Established in: 1994
Registration Law: Voluntary Social Welfare Organizations (Registration & Control) Ordinance 1961
Themes & Interventions: Education, Children, Economic Empowerment
What We Do: Awareness Rising, Service Delivery
Head Office at Lahore
226-Munir Road,cantt LAHORE
Bunyad Literacy Community Council (BLCC) is a non-governmental, non-political and non-profit NGO founded in 1994 to alleviate poverty and empower people through literacy.
Bunyad cultivates community’s interaction with resource systems to fulfill basic needs of the present population and sustaining it for the next generation. In this regard, Bunyad works in close collaboration with the Public and Private sector for long-term sustainable integrated development, through the holistic approach of development, by improving communities’ access to “Literacy”, “Education”, “Health” and “Livelihood” in order to improve the HDI status of the country and build social capital.
Bunyad envisions a literate, enlightened, tolerant and just society in which all individuals enjoy equal rights and opportunity to realize their full potential in striving to attain both individual and collective goals to improve their communities, especially rural families, focusing on women and children, so they have a better tomorrow.
Empowerment of under-priviliged, marginalized groups particularly rural women and children through literacy, Education, Gender Justice and Economics to improve their standard of life and to enhance their capacity to be self dependant as well as to strengthen the social development process in communities through multi-sectoral programmers, targeting the marginalized communities.
· To promote literacy, with the support of the Bunyad literacy Network at District, Tehsil and Union Council levels, aiming for sustainable development and empowering women and children to improve their standard of lives.
· With Literacy, many support activities i-e income generation, skill training, financial & livelihood interventions and other such activities, are inter-woven for poverty alleviation, by the field programs of BLCC.
· Initiate motivational drives, mobilizing Communities and NGOs for obtaining EFA, the first step for development.
· Implement the projects in collaboration with Government, National, Provincial partners, Civil Society and agencies, especially in the rural and semi-urban areas.
· Support partner NGO’s work at tehsil level, net working to implement sustainable development programs.
· To extend credit/loans to individuals and groups/CBOs, for the purpose of poverty alleviation, on such terms and conditions, as may seem expedient and, and in particular, where the same is desirable in the interest of the organization.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter below and never miss the latest Updates.