Job Title: Chief of Party ReLAB-HS
Organization Name: Handicap International
Duration: 18 Months (Extendable)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Closing on: 2022-05-26
This Chief of Party position is for a USAID-funded Activity, Learning, Acting and Building for Rehabilitation in Health Systems (ReLAB-HS). ReLAB-HS aims to support development of health systems that are responsive to the escalating challenge of addressing the growing needs for rehabilitation within populations. It seeks to co-design and implement innovative, comprehensive, cost-effective interventions that strengthen health systems for provision of rehabilitation including assistive technology. ReLAB-HS will focus on integrating rehabilitation and assistive technology services across all levels of care within health systems.
The ReLAB-HS consortium comprises of six international partners with expertise in systems, implementation science, and delivery innovations. The consortium prime is Johns Hopkins University (JHU);JHU, together with the consortium co-prime University of Melbourne, provide overall direction for the Activity through the Director of Operations, the Consortium MEAL coordinator and the Consortium Inclusive Development Coordinator.
ReLAB-HS focusses activities in Pakistan, Myanmar, Ukraine and Uganda. HI is a member of the consortium and the lead partner for activities’ implementation in Pakistan and Myanmar ; in addition, HI provides technical assistance in crosscutting areas to all countries and consortium partners.
The main stakes of the post are to
· Act as a program manager for HI and provide oversight for the 2 countries operations under the guidance of the consortium prime and within the Consortium Program Operations Team
· Oversee country budget and HI technical assistance budget
· Directly manage the ReLAB-HS finance officer, the ReLAB-HS MEAL Officer, the ReLAB-HS technical Officer, the ReLAB-HS Pakistan country coordinator ; dotted management of the ReLAB-HS Myanmar country coordinator, shared with the Myanmar programme.
· Represent HI within the consortium and oversee partnership agreement with consortium prime
Working hours will be adapted for some consortium meetings due to difference in time zones.
The position will be nationalised after the 18 months period and COP will be involved in recruitment, induction and mentoring.
The Position may involve travel to field areas in Pakistan and also to Myanmar.
· You hold a degree in Physical and Functional Rehabilitation disciplines and a master degree in Public Health, Development studies or Project Management
· You have at least 4 years of professional experience in project management and experience working in consortium set up
· You show extensive knowledge of HI’s rehabilitation standards, methods and strategic orientations
· You demonstrate ability to develop and manage stakeholders relationships and networking
· You understand rehabilitation system strengthening and global rehabilitation and AT initiatives
· You know tele rehabilitation, education of health and rehabilitation workforce in low income countries
· You show strong communication skills
· You demonstrate ability to work efficiently on a remote basis and in complex working environments
· You are able to mobilize and align teams members and collaborators
· You are pragmatic and have capacity to adapt with agility
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter below and never miss the latest Updates.