Job Title: IT Associate (Android Developer)
Organization Name: UN WFP
Number of Vacancies: 1
Closing on: 2021-11-24
This position will be based in BISP-PMU Islamabad. The professional will be on secondment to BISP and work with BISP Information Systems cell to perform the assigned tasks and report to the IS Systems Architect/Principal Technology Advisor.
At this level job holders are expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis.
Services of an Android Developer are required in house in order to have capability to design, develop and integrate the BISP software applications and information/data flow on mobile/hand held devices.
• Plan, design and implement Android Apps, modules and any software components needed to support BISP programmes and projects;
• Document all technical details and architecture to CMMI-III level or equivalent.
• Perform all necessary android software maintenance, including coding, testing, debugging, upgrading and modifications of software as required by BISP;
• Apply software development methodologies and industry standards to develop, implement and test system and software components;
• Prepare periodic activity status reports;
• Strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with colleagues;
• Any other task as desired by reporting manager and any technical task required in a team environment for solution delivery.
At least Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences, Software Engineering, and Computer Engineering (4 years) or a related discipline (Preference will be given to graduate from HEC approved top ranking local and foreign recognized universities);
At least 4 years of working experience as Android Developer in enterprise level projects in reputed certified organizations - preferably CMMI/ISO certified;
• Written professional code over 0.5 million lines, preferably at enterprise level/large application(s);
• Experience of Java/ Kotlin, Web services, REST APIs, PHP, MYSQL, and JSON to connect Android applications to back end services;
• Experience with SQLiteDB to store offline data;
• Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices;
• Good understanding of MVVM Design pattern;
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter below and never miss the latest Updates.