Job Title: IT Associate (Database Developer)
Organization Name: UN WFP
Number of Vacancies: 1
Closing on: 2022-05-04
This job is based in Country Office, Islamabad. The Job holders will be on secondment to BISP and work with BISP Information Systems cell and report to the PMU lead operationally and technically to the Nutrition Unit's Information Management officer at WFP.
The Software/database Developer will be responsible for the design, development, and integration of BISP software applications required to support BISP’s day to day operations including exchange with external stakeholders and the decision-making process within BISP across hierarchy of tehsil, division, regions and head office.
1. Write program code in order to support the development and implementation of efficient and effective IT solution components.
2. Keep up-to-date technical systems documentation for developed IT solutions in order to support systems maintenance.
3. Perform unit and integrated testing of new, enhanced or fixed code in order to ensure completeness and adherence to technical specifications.
4. Assist in the installation, configuration and customization of IT systems ensuring compliance with WFP’s IT standards, guidelines and procedures.
5. Assist in the release of IT systems and provide early life support in order to prepare for and enable proper use of the IT solution.
6. Resolve users queries independently, escalating if required, to ensure that standard IT questions are answered and accurate information is provided.
7. Assist in the preparation of materials and the delivery of trainings on automated business processes to ensure efficient and effective use of IT systems.
8. Collect and collate data, conduct basic analysis to support the development of accurate reports.
1. In coordination with SPM/IS Architect/Principal Technology Advisor develop and implement computer application Systems, modules and any software component needed to support BISP programmes and projects.
2. Document all technical details and architecture to CMMI-III level or equivalent.
3. Develop a conceptual data model that reflects the structure of the information to be held in the database using inputs from the programme requirements and M&E
4. Translate the conceptual data model into database after review and feedback from concerns.
5. Design database ensuring that security features are included to protect and secure database system and pre-test the database for data analysis and produce reports for the immediate use.
6. Maintain the data base as per requirements and generate required reports for different analysis and presentations.
7. Perform all necessary software maintenance, including coding, testing, debugging, upgrading and modifications of software requested by the IS Architect/Principal Technology Advisor/SPM
8. Apply software development methodologies as directed by BISP Information Systems cell to develop, implement, and test Systems and software components, as requested, and directed by the IS Systems Architect/Director IS.
9. Design, develop and implement Systems and software technical specifications based on business requirements provided by Information Systems cell.
10. Develop and maintain Systems and software documentation to facilitate maintenance and upgrade activities.
11. Provide the necessary technical support to all members and work as a team to accomplish the software development and implementation tasks requested by the IS Systems Architect/Principal Technology Advisor.
12. Contribute technical and professional knowledge and experience to improve BISP IS operations and technical platform.
13. Provide training and mentoring to the team members on use of APP developed and respond to related quarries.
14. Provide required technical support to BISP as and when required for efficient use of the developed software and programme.
15. Develop and provide a weekly project status report describing the status of the above activities and any issues that may emerge, with conclusions and recommendations according to the BISP IS software development operation.
16. Develop Systems and module graphical interfaces, web modules, database modules, desk based and mobile applications, reports and statistics, and any software components needed to deliver complete and functional requirement by the Information Systems cell.
17. Any other task as desired by reporting manager and any technical task required in a team environment for solution delivery.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter below and never miss the latest Updates.