Established in: 2008
Themes & Interventions: Education, Health, Economic Empowerment, Disability
What We Do: Service Delivery
Head Office at Rawalpindi
First Floor, Qamar Plaza, (Opposite Metro Bus Station) I.J.P Road, Rawalpindi
LC Disability and Development Program (LCDDP) Pakistan, is a not-for-profit cross-disability focused organization. We are working since 2006 as a registered charity (in 2008 under Societies Act 1860). LCDDP has been working initially as a local office of LCD-UK (till 2010). By 2010 LCD-UK decided to re-focus its program and operation through Cheshire services/homes and since there is no Cheshire home in Pakistan we the very existence of LCDDP was in question. However, to strengthen, sustain and scale up services in Pakistan, the governance at LCDDP has decided to change the name of the organization from Leonard Cheshire Disability and Development Program to Livelihood Center for Disability and Development Program (LCDDP) Pakistan with a new logo. Hence, our relationship with LCD UK is redefined in Dec. 2014. Now we are working with LCD and other donor organizations to implement donor funded projects and programs in Pakistan.
“A society in which persons with disabilities can enjoy equal rights and have opportunities to fulfill their potential”
“Enabling persons with disabilities to improve their quality of life and to campaign for the removal of the barriers which hinder them”
1. Promote social inclusion of persons with disabilities
2. Develop and strengthen Livelihood resource centers to polish and promote skills and abilities of PWDs for economic empowerment across Pakistan
3. Promote a Just Society/organizations for ALL by advocating the rights of the person with disabilities
4. Build capacity, provision of Technical input to partners and networking organizations for mainstreaming disability into development
5. Establish and strengthen advocacy groups of persons with disabilities for awareness, campaigning and building linkages with the government departments
6. Campaigning for disability friendly and non-discriminately policies at provincial and national level
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter below and never miss the latest Updates.