Established in: 2016
Registration Law: Voluntary Social Welfare Organizations (Registration & Control) Ordinance 1961
Themes & Interventions: Disaster, Women
What We Do: Service Delivery
Head Office at Karachi
House # A-42, Christian Area, Ghousia Colony Near PIB Bus Stop, Karachi.
Peace Welfare and Development Association PWDA establish in November 2016 is Non for Profit, Non political/Religious Non Governmental Organization Registered under the Voluntary Social Welfare Agencies Registration and Control Ordinance 1961 (XL VI of 1961) with Department of Social Welfare Government of Sindh. PWDA is dedicated to promote Peaceful Co-existence, Interreligious/Cultural Harmony, Peace and Sustainable development of the under marginalize strata of population under the both need and rights based approaches. The target population of the PWDA is the most vulnerable communities including Persons With Disabilities PWDs, Minorities, the Senior Citizens and Women/Children etc. PWDA prefers to works in alliances and networks of civil society at local national and international levels.
To promote peaceful co-existence in the society for sustainable peace and development
To work for the Welfare/Development and Promotion/Protection of the Human Rights of the Vulnerable Communities including Persons with Disabilities PWDs, Minorities, The Senior Citizens and the Women/Children both under the Need base and Rights base Approaches.
The Organization has the following aims and objectives:
1. To undertake activities to promote Peace, Welfare & Development in society with special focus on vulnerable communities including Woman, Children, Minorities, Persons with Disability PWDs and orphans/widows/Youth/elderly people etc.
2. To undertake programs/Projects for the well being of the weaker sections of the society.
3. To work to promote and protect the Human Rights of the vulnerable Communities under the auspices of Laws/Constitution of Pakistan and UN Conventions ratified by the State of Pakistan.
4. To Carry out Programs/Projects and activities to promote interfaith, interreligious, and intercultural harmony to contribute to bring peace, tolerance and sustainable development in the society.
5. To Carry out Programs/Projects and activities of welfare of the poorest of the poor and all those who are in need of direct, urgent and emergency support/care.
6. To work to promote gender equality, non-discrimination and good governance and economic empowerment in the society.
7. To work to promote awareness of prevailing social problems/ issues of the time to decrease them through the effective strategies of community development and participation.
8. To do the lobbying and advocacy on the issues of public interest per training to social development, good governance, and public policy on regular basis as per need and situation.
9. To promote education, health, and economic conditions of the weaker sections of the society by providing them the set services on sustainable basis.
10. To promote national unity/prosperity and international solidarity through the coordinated activities/approaches by establishing effective networking with civil society organization and public/private entities.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter below and never miss the latest Updates.