To be considered for this position, please submit a complete application package consisting of:
1. Completed employment application including titles, dates of hire and salary requirements.
2. Cover letter
For questions about this position please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not send resumes or attachments to this email address.
Only those applicants that are selected for further discussions will be contacted.
No Phone Calls. Interviews will be scheduled by appointment only.
The Program Analyst (PA) will support the USIP programmatic and analytical activities in Pakistan. This is a full-time local position based in Islamabad and reports to the Senior Program Manager (SPM) based in Islamabad (IBO) and will work closely with other members of the Pakistan program and Asia Center's team in Washington, DC as required.
This is a Personal Services Contractor position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Project Development and Management
• Assist IBO SPM in the preparation of contracts for new projects.
• Communicate with partners regarding compliance to USIP contractual policies and procedures including but not limited to monitoring of budgets, deliverables, and key program activities.
• Support the IBO M&E portfolio with regular travel to the field to monitor the progress of USIP partners in Pakistan to help improve program implementation based on lessons from the field.
• In coordination with the M&E Manager in IBO, consolidate and maintain an updated database of results that emerge from USIP projects.
• Develop documentation on program results, successes and lessons learned from interventions for internal use.
• Support outreach efforts to identify and develop local partners within civil society.
• Support the organization of outreach events and seminars to inform various stakeholders about USIP's work in Pakistan and potential funding opportunities.
Communication and Coordination
• Assist SPM in organizing roundtables to showcase findings from USIP programs and research.
• Assist in planning and supporting the travel of Washington-based staff in the region, as well as making appointments and attending meetings.
• Preparation of and distribution of timely monthly reports for the USIP HQ and partners.
• Support the preparation for periodical meetings and presentations with interagency partners.
Master’s degree in social sciences or humanities or four-year B.A. Honors.
A minimum of three years experience in a similar position related to program management in the social development sector and/or peacebuilding in an NGO, donor agency, think tank, or government agency.
Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
Strong interpersonal communication skills.
Good understanding of Pakistan’s civil society landscape and functioning of the government institutions.
Familiarity with the grant management and M&E systems of major donors in Pakistan.
All USIP contract and employee positions are contingent upon the favorable completion of a suitability background investigation.
Email NotificationsTo receive updates in your inbox
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter below and never miss the latest Updates.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.