Job Title: Program Assistant (BISP Stunting Prevention)
Organization Name: UN WFP
Location: Faisalabad, Multan
Number of Vacancies: 2
Closing on: 2022-05-04
These jobs are based in Faislabad (division) and Multan (Division), Punjab. The job holders will report directly to Programme Policy Officer-Nutrition or the designate.
At this level, job holders are responsible for the completion of a range of specialized and/or standardized processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines and practices. They work under minimum supervision, perform basic analyses and compile reports to support information consistency and smooth implementation of programmes/projects.
To support the implementation of BISP Stunting prevention activities at district level.
1. Perform specialized and/or standardised processes and activities within the specific technical area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
2. Provide project management and/or general office support following established targets and WFP’s policies and procedures.
3. Within the specific area of responsibility, compile data and support analysis and preparation of reports (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) in order to support operational decision-making.
4. Perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. food security and vulnerability assessments) following corporate standards and guidelines.
5. Work and exchange information with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
6. Support communication and activities with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions.
7. Act as a point of contact for resolution of general operational queries requesting assistance where necessary.
8. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
1. To coordinate on regular basis with all relevant stakeholders to develop the synergies and partnerships for successful implementation of BISP Stunting prevention project.
2. To maintain close liaison with Department of Health, LHWP, BISP Taluka/District office to mobilize eligible beneficiaries at Ehsaas Nashunuma Center.
3. Maintain close coordination/Liaison with community workforce i.e. LHWs, CHWs, BBCs engaged them in mobilization and awareness raising campaign
4. Conduct training/orientation and capacity building session of Project staff and relevant stakeholders, such as Medical officers, Women medical officers, Lady Health Workers (LHW) and Lady Health Supervisors (LHS).
5. Coordinate with BISP POS agent for the smooth disbursement of agreed entitlement to eligible beneficiaries at centers.
6. Facilitate in preparing the monthly SNF supplies distribution plans and execute distribution as per caseload of BISP beneficiaries at all facilitation centers.
7. Keep close coordination with the respective government departments, Cooperating Partner to ensure that all the activities at the Division/District level are well coordinated and actively participate in the district coordination meetings.
8. Within the specific area of responsibility, ensure compilation of data and support analysis and preparation of reports to support operational decision-making.
9. Act as a point of contact for resolution of general operational queries requesting assistance where necessary at district level
10. Provide support to conduct the trainings Workshops and facilitate the donor missions at the District level.
11. Maintain information records and monitoring plan documentation, such as records of commodity movements and programme checklists, to assist in the effective delivery and distribution of food items.
12. Provide guidance to cooperating partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods to support them to complete self-monitoring tasks.
13. Conduct periodic monitoring trips to the project sites, including random monitoring checks on Cooperating Partners (CPs) activities and report progress using standard monitoring tools.
14. Ensure proper advocacy and visibility of WFP activities at the district level.
15. Any other task assigned by supervisor.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter below and never miss the latest Updates.