Job Title: Provincial Coordinator, Chilgoza GEF Project
Organization Name: FAO
Number of Vacancies: 1
Closing on: 2022-05-03
This position is located inChilas/Gilgit Baltistan in Pakistan. The main aim of FAO is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural , fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Pakistan (FAOR), and general supervision of Deputy FAOR and Assistant FAOR (Program); the FAO Provincial Coordinator will work under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator/NRM Advisor. The incumbent will report to the National Project Coordinator/NRM Advisor.
The FAO Provincial Coordinator will be contracted by the FAO Pakistan for initial duration of one year (extendable) to support the implementation of the Global Environment Facility (GEF) funded project titled “Reversing deforestation and degradation in high conservation value Chilgoza Pine Forests in Pakistan”, which will be implemented over a period of four years. The project objective is to contribute to the restoration, protection and sustainable management of Chilgoza Pine forests to provide global environment benefits as well as enhanced resilience and livelihoods of local stakeholders in Pakistan. The FAO Provincial Coordinator will be responsible for day to day management of the project activities in each of the project target province in close coordination with respective provincial forest departments and other implementing partner organizations and will have both technical and operational responsibilities to ensure smooth implementation of the project.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Develop and supervise the implementation of provincial annual work programme and budget (AWPB);
• Ensure smooth implementation of the project activities by close working with the forest department as per approved AWPB;
• Provide technical and operational guidance tothe forest department staff and the local community organizations, including the preparation of management plan and Chilgoza utilization plan, value addition and value chain development;
• Facilitate the forest department and other partners in undertaking baseline studies, valuation studies, assessment of opportunities for restoration;
• Identify training need assessment both for the forest department as well as community organizations, and develop training programme;
• Contribute to the development of PES on pilot basis;
• Develop partnership with the local community organizations for facilitating assisted natural regeneration;
• Prepare guidelines for women involvement in the project especially in the decision making;
• Facilitate and guide the forest department staff in formation of Chilgoza conservation and forest protection committees;
• Design participatory and web-based M&E reporting system accessible to the project team and partners;
• Monitor and maintain records of commitments and actual expenditures based on the approved AWPB and in compliance with the FAO and GEF policies and procedures;
• Prepare periodic progress report and other project documents;
• Perform any other duty assigned.
• Advanced degree in forestry, natural resources management or other related fields
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in planning, development and implementation of forestry and natural resource management projects
• Working knowledge of the English language (C-Level)
• National of Pakistan
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter below and never miss the latest Updates.