Established in: 1978
Registration Law: Society Registration Act 1860
Themes & Interventions: Environment, Women, Economic Empowerment
What We Do: Awareness Rising, Service Delivery
Head Office at Islamabad
RDF Center, 31-Mauve Area, G - 9 /1, RDF Centre, Islamabad, Pakistan
Rural Development Foundation of Pakistan (RDF), a non-political, non-profit making and non-governmental organization (NGO) recognized at the national as well as international level, was founded in June 1978 by Dr. M. Sadiq Malik with the approval of Federal Government vide EAD’s letter No. 2(2) IBRD/IER/78 and registered under the Societies Act XXI of 1860 and subsequently registered under the Social Welfare Act XLVI of 1961. At national level it has grass-roots (village level) NGOs/CBOs (Community Based Organizations) as its members and is linked globally through various NGO networks in Asia, Europe, Africa, South and North America. RDF is also certified and registered with Pakistan Center of Philanthropy (PCP) from 2015 to 2018 for good practices in the areas of internal governance, financial management and program delivery.
The RDF Centre is established in its own multi storied building raised in the center of Islamabad on a piece of land purchased from the government. The center also houses Institute of Rural Development Studies (IRDS) and South Asian Association for Non-Governmental Organizations (SANGO). It provides hosting to forums such as “Rural development think tank” & “Local NGOs council”.
To create the opportunity for the rural poor to realize their true potential, to live with choice and dignity.
· To promote an enabling rural development paradigm that is people-centered, inclusive, participatory and sustainable.
· RDFP is engaged in building the capacity of its development partners for implementing self-help and donor-funded projects, undertaking pilot projects with the view of creating a model for sustainable development and leveraging strategic alliances through the establishment of a network of NGOs and INGOs.
· Rural & Agriculture Development
· Health (Mother and Child care), drinking water & sanitation
· Education & skill development
· Population & Environment
· Women Empowerment & Human Resource Development
· Rural Small Industries & Entrepreneurial skills
· Micro financing and income generation projects
· Capacity building/ Professional trainings & Youth Development
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter below and never miss the latest Updates.