Established in: 2010
Registration Law: Society Registration Act 1860
Themes & Interventions: Education, Health
What We Do: Awareness Rising, Advocacy
Head Office at Shikarpur
Malano Street Muhallah Khanchandabad Station Road, Shikarpur
Society Undertaking Poor Peoples’ Onus for Rights – SUPPORT Foundation is not for profit, non-political, non-religious and women lead organization working in Sindh province of Pakistan since 2010. The organization is registered under Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860 with registration number: 0513 at Shikarpur district of Sindh in the year 2010.
Pakistan is a developing country with the age of 69 years after the independence in 1947. When we came into being, we inherited many of the issues including the poor infrastructure, huge population migration from India and lesser money divided by the rulers of Indian subcontinent. Not only the infrastructure but poor literacy rate, a less number of schools, colleges, universities and as many as the increased vulnerable population living without the basic facilities.
The story of 69 years was full of broken democracy, poor governance, limited economic growth and the very low literacy. Pakistan has seen much of the time ruled by army and less time by the democracy. After so many years, still the literacy rate could not cross 60% and this rate is more alarming in girls and women. This had led a large number of populations to be engaged either in the laboring or unemployed. The current unemployment rate of Pakistan is 5.90%. The increased number of population with the average rate of 2.07% and currently the country population is more the 180 million people with 55% women.
Women and women of Pakistan especially the population of three provinces including Sindh, KPK and Baluchistan. The three areas are mostly under developed due to the legitimate policies of provinces, least literacy rate and very backward rural areas, the people are unaware of their rights, and people don’t send their children to school and consider it as the liability. The population is either under the heavy influence of the local landlords. The tribal issues, conflicts and the land issues within the communities have disturbed their lives. This is more seen in Sindh province where the vulnerable people are victims of the powerful sects of society who using different tactics defeat the vulnerable and illegally occupy the land and other property issues. The awareness level of population is limited and hardly people know about their legal, constitutional and social rights.
The purpose of the organization is to extend support to people who are deprived of their basic rights and struggle for the rights. The organization is being act as defender of rights of citizens focusing women.
To see an affluent, peaceful and developed society that taking their rights.
“To support and aware the communities for getting their rights & development focusing women and marginalized and neglected population”
• Promote respect and adherence of human rights and democracy;
• Creates awareness and support for justice of deprived people from all segment of society.
• Engaging in advocacy in concrete cases of human rights violations, and protecting human rights defenders;
• Intervening in cases of torture, and all forms of custodial abuses and state excesses, such as extrajudicial executions and disappearances;
• Paying special attention to vulnerable groups, such as women, children, minorities, and indigenous people, so as to ensure their protection
• Serve as a catalyst to the Women Organizations in their efforts, to empower the marginalized women folk.
• Respond to emergencies, early recovery and continuous support to communities in bringing life back to normal after emergency.
• Promote public awareness in the field of legal/human rights and education
• Publish articles through social media and various publications on legal education, society and human rights.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter below and never miss the latest Updates.