Job Title: Warehouse Management Associate
Organization Name: WFP
Number of Vacancies: 1
Closing on: 2022-05-24
This job is based in Karachi. Job holders report to a Logistics Officer or the designate.
At this level job holders are expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to manage warehouse activities and respond independently to queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. Job holders have a level of expertise and knowledge to adapt and contribute to the development of standard operating procedures and processes in order to continually improve the level of service. They are expected to manage resources and coach and coordinate a team of warehouse staff.
To manage a range of warehouse activities including safeguarding of commodities and supplies, and ensuring well-organized warehousing and storage service in compliance with WFP warehouse guidelines.
1. Responsible for the effective planning and management of warehouse operations, to ensure safe and efficient warehousing and storage of all commodities and supplies.
2. Contribute to review of WFP corporate warehouse standards and procedures, to support efficiency and changing business needs.
3. Coordinate the receipt/dispatch of commodities, to ensure accurate recording, accounting and reporting is available at all times to support decision-making.
4. Responsible for the accuracy of warehouse transaction records including identification of discrepancies, to ensure immediate and accurate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
5. Responsible for inventory management (e.g. physical stock verification, reporting, etc.), to ensure any existing and developing issues with regards to proper stocks management are timely addressed and WFP standard procedures for commodity handling and storage are strictly followed.
6. Supervise preparation and/or prepare regular and ad hoc reports and statistics on warehouse operations, to support informed planning and decision-making.
7. Oversee safeguarding of commodities through providing guidance on and taking initiative towards implementation of preventive measures, to ensure that commodities are preserved in good condition and that quality control actions are initiated as appropriate following WFP established procedures.
8. Review on periodic basis warehouse space availability, plan and implement new design layouts to support business needs and ensure cost-efficiency.
9. Work in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, in order to deliver aligned and coherent warehouse services.
10. Identify training needs and efficiently plan trainings, to ensure that all staff have required knowledge and skills to carry out their responsibilities.
11. Supervise warehouse staff, to ensure high performance standards.
Minimum 5 to 6 years of experience in warehouse management.
• Experience maintaining a logistics database and running queries on ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
• Experience in administering third party service providers’ contracts.
• Experience in compiling contract documentation.
• Experience in contract execution.
• Experience in budget monitoring and reporting.
Knowledge and Skills
Working experience of SAP is an added advantage.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter below and never miss the latest Updates.