Established in: 2012
Registration Law: Society Registration Act 1860
Themes & Interventions: Education, Disaster, Economic Empowerment
What We Do: Awareness Rising, Service Delivery
Head Office at Peshawar
TF-343 A, Deans Trade Centre, Peshawar
Youth Development Organization herein referred as YDO is a non-profit, non-governmental, non-political Humanitarian Relief and Social Development Organization working for the betterment of affected population of Pakistan either by natural disaster or man-made disaster, and to enhance the capacity of the masses especially youth to respond to their basic needs and lives a dignified life without disturbing their norms value and culture. YDO was established by a team of highly motivated youth and dedicated individuals in March 2010 after the sever flash flood in Pakistan and supported the affected population during those harsh days by providing food, non-food Items and emergency health services. YDO continued its services for the masses of the country according to its capacity and resources. Later on in 2012, the organization was registered under section 20 of the Societies registration Act, 1860, with registration No. 1068/5/6976.
The organization works “To promote and mobilize youth and organize a pool of empowered youth and develop the social life of the masses and creating social awareness in the society with a view to cultivate a more educated generation”. This aim is achieved with the close collaboration of partner communities and organizations through a participatory, demand responsive, gender and poverty sensitive integrated development approach in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and FATA.
YDO feels proud in working for the employment of better opportunities of education, health (Especially mother and child health) for its people. Moreover it’s working for health and hygiene awareness and congenital rights of children that are good health and education as well. It has been working for the empowerment of the vulnerable women of the society by introducing vocational and skill development trainings through which they can earn their living inside the four walls of their homes with dignity. YDO is earnestly working to eliminate violence against women, child marriages, Swara, minority rights, person with disability & elderly persons and child rights. Keeping its mission in mind YDO has planned to play a leading role in humanizing community Infrastructure through enhanced access of masses to basic civil needs.
“To undertake a holistic approach leading to the empowerment of marginalized groups and work for the sustainable development, by taping and involvement in sectors of Education, Social Development, Livelihood, Disaster Risk Reduction & Health”
To ensure the sustainable development of marginalized and vulnerable communities in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and FATA via different innovative and community led programs.
YDO overall objective are;
• Enhancing individual capacities for leadership; and organizational capacity for internal and external management
• Promotion of Livelihoods and Explore Sustainable & Disaster Resilient Livelihood Options.
• Promote and provide access to quality formal basic education for children within deprived rural communities and by that contributing to bridging the urban-rural, gaps in basic education in Pakistan and also as long-term means to poverty reduction.
• Promotion of Gender Equality & Women Empowerment, and Address Gender Based Violence Issues.
• Disaster Risk Reduction, Provide Timely Relief Assistance to Disaster Affected Communities and Assist them for their Timely Rehabilitation and Early Recovery
• Provision of Accessible and clean drinking water & quality Sanitation Facilities and Improvement of Community Physical Infrastructure.
• Promotion of Child Protection, Rights of Children & Youth Development and Address the Issues related to Abuse and marginalization of Children, Adolescents and Youth.
• Promote Environment Protection and Address Climate Change Issues.
• Promote Basic Health Facilities, Nutrition and Address HIV & AIDS
• Support Development of Civil Society and Institutional development
• To promote peace through revival and promotion of indigenous culture and heritage
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter below and never miss the latest Updates.