Area Development Organization (ADO) was established in 1998 as a local support organization in UC Kaimanja (Muzaffarabad) AJ&K and registered with Govt. in year 2000 under Pak society's registration and Control Act 1860.
Initially ADO started its activities in the UC Kaimanja mainly to organize and mobilize the local communities in form of Community Organization (COs) of both males and females. With the passage of time, ADO appears to be the leading organization of networking with Cos /VOs/ LSOs and Clusters and take initiative for the sustainable gross root development on different components through participatory approaches. ADO is a certified NGO from Pakistan Center of Philanthropy (PCP).
To improve the living standards of the depressed and disadvantaged communities belonging to the rural population by applying the modern tools and techniques of social mobilization, to develop gross root institutions and social development on sustainable basis without any racial, religious and gender discrimination with participatory approaches.
• To organize and mobilize the local communities in form of the Community Based Organizations (Cos, VOs), and clusters for sustainable development with gender balance.
• To promote the primary education among the vulnerable groups particularly girls and children belonging to low income families.
• To develop the community infrastructure, such as roads, supply of drinking waters and schools.
• To enhance the skills and capabilities of local community through various vocational and non- vocational trainings.
• To take initiative through micro-finance and livelihood programs to provide ample opportunities for the local communities and breaking the poverty cycle by providing the friendly credit for enterprises development.
• To Emergency response of any Disaster and Capacity building of Local Community and institution on DRR
• To promote alternative energy sources