National Disability & Development Forum (NDF) is a registered and PCP certified non-profit organization that has been working in Sindh in the fields of Disability Rights, Health, Education, Environment/Alternative Energy, Food Security & Nutrition, Poverty Reduction, WASH, DRR/CBDRM, Democratization and Gender Mainstreaming since 2007. NDF opposes all forms of discrimination; and respects the rights and dignity of people irrespective of their ethnic, social, religious or political differences; and gives priority to meeting the needs and addressing the rights of the most disadvantaged communities and vulnerable segments of society especially PWDs, women and children.
NDF has successfully implemented several projects in collaboration with a number of national and international partners/donors that include Government of Sindh, USAID, IUCN, Handicap International (HI), US Embassy (USEFP), UNICEF, UNESCO, Focus Pakistan, Plan International Pakistan, Abilis Foundation Finland and LEAD Pakistan.
NDF has highly qualified, experienced and dedicated team both on its board and staff. The organization has very strong systems and policies which include Financial Policy, Admin and Logistic Policy, HR and Gender Policy, External and Internal Audit System and Complaint Response Mechanism. NDF has a well-equipped head office and Field Offices across the country.
An inclusive & accessible society in which everybody including poor, marginalized and disadvantaged communities have equal opportunities and facilities
Empowerment of people with/without disabilities through awareness, skill development, access to health, education, livelihood & recreational services and enhancing the life standard in qualitative and quantitative terms
1. To empower marginalized and disadvantaged groups i.e. persons with disabilities, children, women, aged people, indigenous people& minorities; promoting their self-reliance and mainstreaming them in society through skills development
2. To promote quality education both academic and technical in under privileged communities
3. To promote awareness on climate change adaptation and create disaster resilience in the most vulnerable communities and CBDRM approach
4. To enhance immunization coverage and timeliness of vaccination of children and CBAs to minimize mortality & disability
5. To improve the livelihoods of disadvantaged communities by reducing their poverty and hunger