The Minor Foundation for Major Challenges (MFMC) is a Norwegian foundation that supports communication projects which advance the transition to a low carbon economy.
MFMC supports projects that support urgent, large-scale transformation, with a focus on changing policies and practices in public or private institutions. The foundation’s priorities for the 2019-2023 period are to
– encourage and support innovation in climate communication
– increase the number of voices and narratives in climate advocacy
– help strengthen social and political movements that open up for radical change
– concentrate on supporting European proposals
The foundation will only consider applications that clearly fall under its strategy. Further information about the foundation, including its bylaws and its complete strategy for the period 2019–2023, is available on the MFMC website.
Please note that the foundation will not consider applications that have a purely local focus, that focuses on implementation of community-level projects such as forest conservation, tree planting, climate change adaptation, or that primarily seek to disseminate climate-related information to the general public.
MFMC traditionally announces six calls for applications every year, in two different categories: large and small grants.
In this category, MFMC is looking for projects typically in the range of EUR 20,000 to EUR 200,000, although larger projects may be considered. The application process consists of two steps, where interested organizations are asked to initially submit a short pitch. Based on this, the organization may be invited to submit a full application if the MFMC board finds the project appealing.
In this category, it is possible to apply for smaller grants of up to EUR 10,000 in a simplified one-stage process. Applications will be assessed by the MFMC board based on its aims and strategy.
In this call for applications it is possible to apply for smaller grants of up to EUR 10,000, provided that the application falls within the strategic aims of MFMC. Please consult the MFMC strategy carefully before considering submitting an application.
Visit this link for more information:
In order to access UNIFOR's application portal without a Norwegian ID, you have to request a user profile by contacting the secretary of the MFMC board. A user profile will be set up if the project is found to clearly fall within the MFMC strategy and thus merits the attention of the board. When contacting the secretary of the MFMC board, prospective applicants must provide the following information:
- Name of organization
- Full name of organization’s contact person
- Organization's full postal address
- Contact person’s phone number
- Contact person’s e-mail address
- A short description of the planned application, for example the pitch or short description to be submitted in the application form, that clearly explains how the project falls within the strategic aims of MFMC
- Documentation that you represent an organization, in the form of an officially certified proof of registration (f. ex. tax registration) of your organization must be included as an attachment to your inquiry
The secretary to the MFMC board, Mr. Tore Brænd, may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that processing a request for a user profile may take several days, and that contact therefore should be made well in advance of the deadline for the relevant call.