The United Nations SDG Action Campaign, and Oculus is inviting applications from emerging creators worldwide to create media as a way to share their perspectives and advance positive action toward the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
In 2021, MY World 360º is calling for immersive experiences that take viewers – decision makers, individuals, business leaders, students across the world – on a journey across the two sides of this Turning Point.
Organizations and leaders have started to join the collective call to #TurnItAround for a just, green and equitable recovery from the pandemic, and towards realizing the Goals. Specific calls have been made to #TurnItAround for key issues such as access to health and education; addressing poverty, inequality, hunger and climate change; rethinking the global economy; and putting an end to gender-based violence and violations of human rights.
What type of Media will be considered?
Your MY World 360º story may include one or more of the following:
- Mixed media projects that combine drawings, photos, audio, video, animation and/or text in a unique way
- Panorama or 360° photography or video that immerses viewers in a new experience, point of view, or place
- Augmented Reality (AR) that brings digital content into our experience of the real world
- Interactive digital games, simulations, or experiences that combine 2D, 3D, or Virtual Reality (VR) elements
- Photogrammetry and 3D modelling that share natural or cultural artifacts
- Or something else—show them what’s possible!
What stories are they looking for?
Selected media will be memorable stories of impact that inspire action: stories of women leaders and agents of change, stories that shine a spotlight on communities and individuals who are already leading on climate, progressing towards gender equality and creating a more peaceful, just and inclusive world. The stories will provoke viewers to feel the urgency as well as the opportunity to make this a turning point for people and the planet.
What makes a Compelling Submission?
- Potential for impact: Who is the intended audience for your media and how will it inspire change?
- Creative use of media and technology: How are you combining tools and techniques in a unique way to convey a message or tell a story?
- TogetherAlone: How might you connect virtually with someone to share ideas and perspectives, or to co-create something?
Why should you Participate?
- Share your talent with the world and help them tell the stories that ignite positive action with the world.
- Selected stories will be shared as part of the MY World 360º Selection, and showcased as part of United Nations events and activations.
- Connect with other MY World 360º creators from around the world, develop your skills and access mentoring and sharing opportunities.
- Individuals or teams are welcome to create or co-create and share projects.
- Educators and adults working with students under age 18 are welcome to share their students’ media.
- Creators ages 18 and above are welcome to post their original work directly. Projects can be in any language.
Deadline: August 5, 2021
For more information, visit United Nation SDG.