Applications are now open for the 2022 Teach For Pakistan Fellowship Program, a two-year full-time opportunity for university graduates and young professionals from diverse fields to teach in low-income schools and develop their own leadership capabilities.
The two-year commitment is necessary for this experience to have a life-altering impact on students and Fellows alike. Achieving the ambitious outcomes they want for children in low-income communities requires Fellows’ tireless efforts for at least two years. These foundational years are also critical for Fellows to develop a deep understanding of the challenges and assets in their placement communities, and grow their own leadership abilities so that they can work effectively towards system reform in the long-term.
The Fellowship is an opportunity to develop leadership skills and professional skills, including management, communication, planning, data analysis, organizing, self-motivation and collaboration with people across lines of difference. These are all skills that are highly transferable from teaching to other fields such as policy, business, management, and journalism etc. That is what makes this two year experience compatible with the pursuit of a broad range of personal and professional goals, and why graduate schools, employers and scholarship schemes across the world recognize and value the Teach For brand. Throughout the two years, Fellows will also be provided with networking and mentoring opportunities for career development.
The Fellowship is a paid position. The Fellowship is a full time, paid opportunity. The Fellows get paid Rs. 50 thousand per month with an additional monthly allowance of Rs. 10 thousand for out of station Fellows.
What kind of training and ongoing support will you provide for Fellows?
Fellows will receive:
- Intensive, six-week, pre-placement training focusing on pedagogical skills, leadership, community mobilization.
- On-going support during the Fellowship, including monthly lesson observations and one-on-one coaching conversations to help you meet your goals for your classroom, school/community and your own growth
- Monthly day-long training sessions based on needs jointly identified by Fellows and their coaches
- Mentoring through a network of expert teachers
- Connections with teachers across the world through participation in Teach For All virtual and/or in-person events.
Teach For Pakistan encourages individuals from all academic and professional backgrounds to apply. The requirements include:
- Minimum 16 years of education completed by June 2022.
- At least a Bachelors degree from an accredited university, completed by June 2022.
- Pakistani citizenship or a valid National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis (NICOP) or Pakistan Origin Card (POC).
- Fluency in English and Urdu.
- Successful completion of the pre-placement Training Institute in July and August 2022.
- Two-year commitment to the Fellowship with placement in Islamabad.
For more information, visit Teach For Pakistan.