Established in: 2012
Themes & Interventions: Education, Formal Education, Non-formal Education, Adult Literacy, Primary Education, Women
What We Do: Service Delivery
Head Office at Islamabad
Office 27, 2nd Floor Al-Anayat Mall G-11 Markaz Islamabad.
Established in 2005, Pakistan Coalition for Education (PCE) – An initiative of Society for Access to Quality Education (SAQE) has been working in Pakistan for over 11 years, and currently stands as the only coalition working on evidence based education advocacy in Pakistan. PCE-SAQE is legally registered as a society under the Societies Ordinance, 1961. This network of civil society organizations is currently present in 65 districts with an outreach in around 1000 union councils through members across Pakistan (Punjab, Baluchistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Sindh and Azad Jammu and Kashmir). The Coalition consists of members from local community-based organizations (CBOs), non-government organizations (NGOs), parent-teacher associations, civil society organizations (CSOs), and education reporters’ associations in the media aiming to bring about a change through policy advocacy and engagement.
PCE NICHE’ Based on principles of Universal Human Right Framework and Right to Education PCE is an intermediary between policy makers, service providers and service receivers to cement social accountability and Good Governance
Education for all children and youth in Pakistan, which nurtures them to become critical thinkers and conscientious citizens; promoting harmony, democracy and justice.
• Achieve PCE’s vision by influencing policy at all levels, and with all stakeholders at the district, provincial, and federal level, and with non-governmental organizations, civil society organizations, and donors;
• Undertake research-based advocacy;
• Focused initiatives on capacity building, especially in the areas of human resources and organizational processes;
• Effectively utilize networking and collaboration among members and stakeholders.
1. Engagement with policy makers and legislators at district, provincial and national levels to bring policy reforms in education sector through advocacy and civil society participation
2. To influence public policy and practices for increased allocation, efficient utilization, improved accountability and transparency in education planning and provision
3. To actively monitor the education sector developments for protecting & promoting public interest, pro-poor frameworks and rights of marginalized groups
4. To be a platform for raising voice on educational issues & rights for awareness and mass mobilization
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter below and never miss the latest Updates.