Sahil work experience on child protection is of twenty years. Sahil is recognized nationally and internationally as the lead organization on protection of children against violence.
Sahil’s work includes establishment of Child Protection Networks at community level with a strong referral mechanism with local government and relevant stakeholders. Sahil provides free legal aid with more than 50 referral lawyers working across Pakistan. Another service provided is free counselling at Sahil Regional Offices. Sahil is the only organization publishing statistics on CSA, analysed and collected from newspaper reported cases. Sahil has reached out to more than 1.8 million people through awareness raising/workshops with, teachers, parents, children, communities, law enforcing agencies, government departments and CSOs.
Sahil has developed animated messages on child protection and telecasted them on electronic media reaching to an audience of approximately a100 million viewers.
· Child Rights Movement (CRM) – National network of child rights organizations
· Hurmat – Code of ethics for victims of violence
· AASHA – Prevention against sexual harassment at the work place
· EVAWG – Ending violence against women and girls
· MenEngage Alliance
· PHRN – working on women rights
· ISPCAN – International Society for Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect
“Har bacha mehfooz, safe, secure and protected”
“To develop a protective environment for children free from all forms of violence especially child sexual abuse”
· To build capacity of community members to ensure protection of children from all forms of violence
· To strengthen child protection through targeted services
· To influence policy and advocacy for child protection