Teach For Pakistan leverages promising young talent to create a multiplier effect on the education system. They recruit and train top graduates and young professionals from all fields for a two-year Fellowship to teach in low-income schools that lack quality teachers. After the Fellowship, the Alumni use their experiences to tackle Pakistan’s most pressing problems in education, fostering action to change policy and curriculum, mobilizing resources, turning around schools, and spurring social innovation. Collectively, this movement aims to transform systems of educational inequity and promote excellence in education. The two-year Fellowship is the cornerstone of the movement. Teach For Pakistan recruits motivated and talented individuals to teach in under-resourced schools, transforming student outcomes and gaining critical skills and knowledge about the education system. Benefits Fellows will receive:
- Intensive, six-week, pre-placement training focusing on pedagogical skills, leadership, community mobilization.
- On-going support during the Fellowship, including monthly lesson observations and one-on-one coaching conversations to help you meet your goals for your classroom, school/community and your own growth
- Monthly day-long training sessions based on needs jointly identified by Fellows and their coaches
- Mentoring through a network of expert teachers
- Connections with teachers across the world through participation in Teach For All virtual and/or in-person events.
- Fellows are placed in government and non-profit schools serving children from low-income communities in and around Islamabad.
Eligibility Criteria Teach for Pakistan encourages individuals from all academic and professional backgrounds to apply. The requirements include:
- Minimum 16 years of education completed by June 2021.
- At least a Bachelors degree from an accredited university, completed by June 2021.
- Pakistani citizenship or a valid National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis (NICOP) or Pakistan Origin Card (POC).
- Fluency in English and Urdu.
- Successful completion of the pre-placement Training Institute in July and August 2021.
- Two-year commitment to the Fellowship with placement in Islamabad.
For more information, visit Teach for Pakistan.