Applications Deadline: December 8, 2021
The Program provides World Fellows the opportunity to expand their vision, learn from each other, and grow personally and professionally. World Fellows contribute to Yale’s intellectual life, give talks and participate on panels, collaborate with peers, audit classes, and mentor students.
World Fellows are rising stars from across sectors and borders. They scour the globe looking for people who are thinking outside the box, challenging stale solutions and creating new ways to address the world’s biggest problems. Ideal World Fellow candidates have demonstrated impact, are on the rise in their careers and are ambitious to grow to their full potential.
- A taxable stipend to cover the costs of living in New Haven
- A modest, furnished one, or two-bedroom apartment for the duration of the program
- Medical insurance
- Round-trip travel from home country
- Applicants should be between five and twenty-five years into their professional careers, with demonstrated and significant accomplishments at a regional, national, or international level. The average age of a World Fellow is 39, though there is no minimum or maximum age limit.
- Applicants must be citizens of a country other than the United States. While applicants who hold dual citizenship with the United States are eligible, strong preference is given to candidates whose work is focused outside the United States.
- Applicants must be fluent in English. An excellent command of the English language is essential to successfully participating in the program.
- World Fellows are required to be in residence at Yale University in New Haven for the entirety of the program which runs from mid-August through mid-December.
Applicants Must Have:
- An established record of extraordinary achievement and integrity.
- A commitment to the good society and to making a positive impact at the local, national, or international level.
- A promise of a future career in leadership and notable global impact.
- A special capacity for critical, creative, entrepreneurial, and strategic thinking.
- A likelihood to benefit from participation in the program and to contribute to the global perspective on Yale’s campus.
- A commitment to a rigorous program of activities, to full-time residence at Yale for the entire duration of the program, and to mentoring students and speaking frequently on campus.
For more information, visit Yale University.