Are you a young changemaker between the ages of 18 and 35? If so, we want to see the impact you are having on your community! The #WatchOurImpact Global LEAD Digital Storytelling Contest begins on June 7. Submit an original, three-minute video or slideshow in Arabic, English, French, or Spanish that tells the story of your youth-led actions to advance local, national, or global development and meets the contest requirements by July 23. The story you tell can be personal, that of a group of young changemakers, or that of a youth-led organization.
While any type of development activity would be acceptable, special attention will be given to those stories that link their work to advancing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and/or the following key issues:
- COVID-19/Pandemic Response,
- Education/Skills Development,
- Youth Employment/Entrepreneurship,
- Climate Action,
- Food Security/Resilience,
- Digital Literacy/Security/Action,
- Civic Engagement, and
- Wellness/Violence Reduction.
Prizes for Winning Entries
The five selected winners will be announced on August 2 on YouthLead.org and across all campaign partners’ social media channels. In addition, contest winners will:
- Take part in the USAID Global LEAD #WatchOurImpact Dialogue with other VIPs on August 12.
- Be featured on GenU’s website
- Have the opportunity to meet with a senior member of the GenU global leadership council or board.
- Lead a “social media takeover” of GenU accounts.
- Become part of GenU’s pool of moderators.
- Be connected with GenU country offices.
How to Enter
- Create a three-minute video or slideshow that meets the contest requirements.
- Upload your video or slideshow to YouTube.
- Fill out the submission form. You must be a member of YouthLead.org to submit, but registration is free.
- Encourage your friends and network to vote for your submission on social media by sharing the link once it’s posted on the #WatchOurImpact Contest Video Gallery page and by using #WatchOurImpact.
Submissions that meet the contest rules will be displayed on the Global LEAD #WatchOurImpact Contest Video Gallery page, where new and existing YouthLead members can vote on their favorite contest entries. There will also be a committee of judges whose votes will be weighted to account for any bots used to interfere with the voting process.
Voting will open on the platform on July 1 and close on July 23. We suggest you submit early to give people plenty of time to vote for your digital story! Encourage your friends to vote!
Do you want to enter the contest, but are unsure of what to submit? Use these helpful resources as a guide for creating your video or slideshow.